City seeks volunteers to serve on community-shaping committees
Interested in shaping our community? The City of Kingston may need your expertise! The City is seeking knowledgeable volunteers to sit on the committees listed below.
“We want committee membership to reflect the diversity of our community. Permanent residents who have lived here a year are eligible. We also encourage young adults and people with disabilities to apply,” says Janet Jaynes, deputy city clerk.
She says 18 to 25 year-olds who have knowledge or experience to contribute should consider applying for a great volunteer experience.
The City is seeking new members for the following these advisory bodies:
- Appeals committee
- Kingston environmental advisory forum
- Municipal accessibility advisory committee
- Taxi commission
- Kingston Economic Development Corporation board of directors
- Kingston & Frontenac Housing Corporation board of directors
- Kingston Municipal Non-Profit Housing Corporation board of directors (Town Homes Kingston)
- Tourism Kingston board of directors
- Central Kingston growth and infill strategy community working group
People over 18 who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who have lived in Kingston for at least a year are all welcome to apply.
About the City of Kingston
The City of Kingston provides municipal services to 125,000 residents living in this visually stunning, historic city, often ranked one of the best places to live in Canada. Kingston is focusing on being smart and livable as it pursues its vision to become Canada’s most sustainable city. We focus on environmental responsibility, social equity, economic health and cultural vitality –ensuring that today’s decisions don’t compromise our future.
Please visit The City of Kingston and join the conversation on social media: